Sunday, August 10, 2014

I like my pens SMOOOOOOOTH....

I like my pens SMOOOOOOOTH....


As a writer, I'm addicted to the best tools I can find. I write for a living, so fast and dependable are my first two requirements of any write-tool I use.

Pens, for instance.

Currently, while I use a lot of pens I acquire at events and conferences, I still buy two very good ballpoints when I see them at a good price.

Papermate's "Profile" pens are a sheer joy to use. Their ink flows so easily they rival the feel of a very good fountain pen. Be sure to get a notebook or Yellowpad with paper made in America. Those Chinese notebooks use substandard paper that doesn't take ink or pencil well and is easy to poke through. Ampad and OMNI both make superior Yellowpads. I still often use the marbled composition books, but again, only if they're American made.

Bic's "Velocity" brand is also a pleasure to use, a bit fatter than the Papermate Profile, but comfortable in the hand and again, a very good smooth ink technology. I find these a bit cheaper than the Papermate pens at places such as Walmart. -- Allan Maurer


No comments:

Post a Comment